+ What is Renton Veterinary Hospital – “Renton CARES”?
- Renton Veterinary Hospital – “Renton CARES” is a Good Samaritan Fund used to treat animals who are ownerless or owned by clients that cannot pay for care due to circumstances beyond the clients control.
+ Is my contribution Tax-deductible?
- Yes, it is! You will receive a tax receipt via mail if you provide the required information at the time of donation.
+ How to make a donation?
- Online donations: Donate to Renton Veterinary Hospital – “Renton CARES”
- Donation by cash, check, or credit card at Renton Veterinary Hospital – Front Desk
- Credit card via phone: 425-255-8676
- Check by mailed and payable to: Renton Veterinary Hospital with Memo: Renton Veterinary Hospital – Renton CARES
- Checks, payable to the American Veterinary Medical Foundation, with Memo: “Renton Veterinary Hospital – “Renton CARES” can be mailed to:
1931 N. Meacham
Schaumburg, IL 60173
Memo: Renton Veterinary Hospital – Renton CARES. The checks will not be deposited in the correct account without the Memo.
+ Who is eligible to use these funds?
- All services must be provided at Renton Veterinary Hospital. Contributions can be used for (but not limited to) the following:
- Good Samaritan situations for abandoned, injured or neglected animals.
- Support for local service animals, such as police, fire or military rescue – included in this are costs that support service animals for armed forces veterans.
- Local disaster relief such as weather-related or other unforeseen situations where animals are at risk.
- Assistance for low-income senior citizens.
- Boarding/medical care in support of persons fleeing family violence situations.
- Assistance to local animal shelters/enforcement agencies in cruelty cases.
- Assistance for persons affected by unforeseen financial hardship.
+ Do you provide tax letters for in-kind donations?
- Under the guidelines of the Veterinary Care Charitable Fund, the AVMF does not provide tax letters for in-kind donations. That would include medical supplies, raffle prizes, garage sale items, etc. We have no way to verify the value of in-kind donations.
+ When I click on Donate, it takes me to AVMF Veterinary Charitable Care Fund site, why?
- We enrolled “Renton CARES” via a program of the American Veterinary Medical Foundation (AVMF). The program was created to support veterinarians who provide medical services to the lost, neglected and abused animals that find their way into our partnering hospitals. The program allows us to care for animals in our community when their owners face extraordinary hardships. AVMF also manages the funds on our behalf, provides the required tax letters, and ensures your dollars are truly servicig the community.
Thank you in advance for your donation. All gifts, no matter the size, are greatly appreciated. We will be sharing exciting and heartwarming stories of the animals that are helped through your generosity at Renton veterinary Hospital serving Renton, Seattle, Tukwila, Kent, Newcastle, Sammamish, Issaquah, Bellevue, Redmond, and the surrounding communities.