Renton Veterinary Hospital Is Open!
We are taking extra precautions to continue providing compassionate care for your pets during these unprecedented times. Our team is constantly monitoring the guidance from AVMA/CDC and we are updating our processes/policies to ensure well being for both our clients and employees while still being able to serve you during COVID-19 crisis.
Our ultimate goal is to continue to be a resource to you and your pets, in a safe and supportive environment for our team as well as you. We are open our regularly scheduled business hours but we are updating to following new protocols.
We are restricting access to our lobby.
For scheduled appointments, we ask that you:
- Call our front desk at (425) 255-8676 when you arrive at the hospital. If you are not driving, or do not have access to a cell phone, we will work with you to make accommodations.
- If you Our team will take your pet’s information over the phone. You can also submit the important information on your pet’s health condition ahead of time at www.rentonvet.com/clientinfo.
- Once we have the information we need, our team will meet you at the entrance to our lobby to receive your pet. You will then need to wait in the car in the parking lot.
- You will receive a call from the doctor to discuss the exam and treatment of your pet.
- Our team will then provide the estimates for care over the phone and we will ask for verbal consent for treatment as well as estimates.
- Once your pet is ready for checkout, our team will give you a call to take payment over the phone and to go over any medications/discharge instructions.
- If your pet needs to remain with us, we will provide the verbal estimate for care and then plan on providing regular updates by phone or email.
- Once your pet is ready to go home, and all of the above is completed, our team will call you to receive your pet / medication in the lobby or in parking lot depending upon the situation.
What if your pet needs end of life care?
We understand the need to be next to your pet if such situation arises. Please call (425) 255-8676 when you arrive. Our team will meet you in the lobby and escort you and your pet to a private room for care. Please be assured that each surface has been disinfected and wiped down before you walk in the exam room.
How to request a medication refill or prescription food order?
Please request a refill online @ www.rentonvet.com/refill-medication or call our team directly at (425) 255-8676 to discuss the best approach. We can process most orders submitted online, can take payment over the phone, and have your medicines/food be ready to go unless an exam is needed. We will discuss approach with you if an exam was over-due and was needed.
If you aren’t feeling too well, but your pet needs help.
- We encourage you to find a healthy person to do a drop off.
- If that can’t be arranged, we request for you to discuss with our doctors as we can help via telemedicine which is now FDA approved process.
- If none of these work and its urgent care for your pet we ask for you to adjust your appointment to a “drop-off” appointment. Please contact our hospital at (425) 255-8676 to make that arrangement. Our team will then come outside to retrieve your pet once you are in the parking lot following the recommended procedures. We will, of course, reach out to you with care recommendation and a cost estimate before providing any treatments and will only proceed with your verbal approval. Once your pet is ready, we will reach out again to arrange a time for pickup.
Facility cleaning and disinfecting
In addition to our regular cleaning schedule, we have added additional disinfecting and cleaning protocols which include an increase in frequency and use of pet-friendly chemicals verified to kill the COVID-19 virus by the CDC and EPA.
Any staff member who is displaying flu-like symptoms or has tested positive or been exposed to COVID-19 virus will be asked to stay home until cleared per CDC guidelines or by a medical professional.
This is unprecedented and processes are evolving each day. We are monitoring the situation closely and will continue to provide as much care and support as we can. This however also means that there may be minor adjustments based on daily updates from CDC/AVMA to our process.
Depending upon the day we may also be a bit short staffed as we want to support or team members and allowing for time-off if they need it. We are all in this together and we appreciate your patience as we all work through this to learn and adapt.